The best Homer Alaska fishing charters for halibut.
Homer is the Halibut Fishing Capital of the World. Alaska Arctic Sun halibut fishing charters are always an exciting adventure, but we also give you opportunities for other species of fish as well!
The rich waters of Cook Inlet support an abundance of sea life including halibut and rockfish. The scenery is unmatched with mountains, glaciers, volcanoes, whales, sea otters, and sea birds of many species.
Halibut – $285.00 per person
Halibut/Rockfish – $350.00 per person
Overnight Charters – $2,200 per day for the boat. Does not include food.
Click Here For: RESERVATIONS & AVAILABILITY
First Class Comfort
Guests love our 37 foot Tollycraft for roominess, speed, and comfort. Customized halibut fishing packages are available for over-nighters or sightseeing. Once on the boat depending on conditions, Cap’n. North may give you the opportunity to pay an extra surcharge to go further and catch bigger fish. Drop a line or two and see the sites on an excursion to Halibut Cove or Seldovia. Need the boat overnight? No problem! Please call 907-299-0389 to reserve a special overnight charter.
- Bait, tackle and top quality fishing gear.
- Filleting of fish is provided at no extra charge.
- Safety equipment.
- We recommend using Homer Alaska Fish Processing to get your catch home. Their high-quality processing ensures the longevity and freshness of your catch. When your fish arrive at Homer Fish Processing they are promptly cleaned, vacuum sealed, and frozen at -40 F. This process preserves the condition of your fish so they will taste the same coming out of your freezer as they do coming fresh out of the water. See their website for more information.
What to Bring
- Dress in layers, including warm clothes, jackets, and rain gear.
- Snacks and/or a lunch.
- Camera to catch the “Big One” on film, maybe even a whale or sea otters.
- Don’t forget your Alaska sport fishing license! You may purchase an Alaska sport fishing license at sporting goods stores, grocery stores, some convenience stores, and online.
- Stay and Fish! Lodging discount available for people fishing and staying with us**.
- Families welcome. Read more on our Family Fishing Page.
- Up to 6 anglers per charter.
- We can accommodate guests with disabilities on our charters. Please call for more information.
- Visa & MasterCard accepted.
- Reservations are held with a credit card. A deposit of 50% is due at time of reservation.
- Cancellations made 5 days prior to arrival date or fishing date will receive full refund. Other cancellations will be subject to charge.
- Departure time is 6:30 a.m. unless otherwise specified.
- Call in to confirm at (907) 299-0389 the night before your charter.
*(Prices are subject to change if fuel prices increase greatly)
**(10% Lodging Discount for guests fishing and staying with us.)
Read more about our Alaskan Fish Species:
Click Here For: RESERVATIONS & AVAILABILITY
Comments From Guests
“Wonderful stay and a great time fishing. The location for fishing by the islands was gorgeous! Happy to have so much halibut to send home. Brandi was an awesome deck hand.”
-Pam, Steve, Graig, and Nate
“We had an amazing time at Alaska Arctic Sun. The cabins kept us comfortable and cozy; great memories shared at the fire pit, and world-class fishing! A truly memorable trip and experience of a lifetime!”
-The Jackson Family
“Thank you for the hospitality, conversation, and fun! The accommodations were comfortable and quiet. The fishing trip will be a life-long memory and an experience we will check off the “bucket list”. Brandi was an amazing deck hand and teacher. Your cabins are a good place to use as a “base camp” when exploring the area.”
-Parr & Michelle
“Thanks so much for a great fishing trip. The lodging is awesome. We enjoyed the time by your fire and the music.”
-Tim and Anne
“Extremely enjoyable stay. We experienced it all – beautiful scenery, great fishing, great wine, but most of all the generosity of hosts Sheila and Greg. We felt very welcome. Fabulously cooked halibut, Sheila. Eric is walking on a cloud after catching halibut and has got some stories to tell at the boating club when we get home.”
-Shona and Eric
“Great time fishing with Captain Greg. He put the customers first and we had a great time. We highly recommend him as first choice for fishing. Shiela as hostess and mistress of the campfire was great.”
-Craig, Toby, and Lochlan