- 1 lb Halibut, cooked and flaked
- 2 tbsp. Finely chopped green onion (or finely chopped and cooked yellow or white onion)
- 1 tsp. Mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce, Miracle Whip, Mayonnaise or Tarter sauce to moisten to taste
- 2 tbsp. Finely chopped celery (optional)
- 2 tbsp. Finely chopped pickle (optional)
Cook Halibut in boiling water with 1 tsp. salt per quart of water (can add 1 tbsp. lemon juice or vinegar to keep whiteness.) Flake and mix with remaining ingredients to make sandwich spread. Can be eaten cold on any kind of bread. Also makes a nice hot sandwich. Spread Tarter sauce on each half of a hamburger bun or french roll. Spread on Halibut mix. Top with a slice of cheese, if desired. Wrap in aluminum foil, heat in oven at 350°F for about 15 minutes.